Student Loan Law
Collections, Intercepts, Deferments, Discharges, Repayment Plans, and Trade School Abuses
The Bad News Millions of Americans, delinquent on their student loans, feel the full brunt of federal collection:
- Tax refund intercepts, wage garnishment, and seizure of Social Security benefits
- Shoddy and misleading student loan servicing
- Shocking collection fees and collector harassment
- Limits on bankruptcy discharge and ineligibility for new loans and grants.
The Good News Student Loan Law, updated continuously in its digital format, details all the latest rights of student loan debtors, including:
- Loan forgiveness for the schools' deceptive practices
- Financial hardship and other loan deferments
- Affordable repayment plans, income-contingent loan consolidations, and loan rehabilitation
- Rights to stop tax intercepts, wage garnishments, and seizure of Social Security benefits
- Loan discharges based on school closure, fraud, failure to make owed refunds, or disability
- Minimizing collection fees
- Claims for proprietary school abuses and deception
- Challenges to private student loan enforcement
- Litigation tactics and pointers
Coverage of Multiple Types of Student Loans
"The most important resource available to those of us in the field and the authoritative source on student loan issues. Many Philadelphians have received student loan help because of this manual." — Sharon Dietrich, Litigation Director, Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
Print + Digital Subscription
Your subscription renews annually and your card will be charged on each renewal date. You will be able to stop the next renewal at My Account > Subscription Information or by contacting [email protected] or 617-542-9595. You will be notified both prior to and on each renewal date. For 30 days after a renewal, you can still cancel and receive a full refund by contacting us.
- Continuous updates in Digital Library
- National Consumer Law Center
- Formats Available
- Print; Digital
- Current Print Edition
- 2019 6th ed.
- ISBN Print Version
- Page Count
- 744 pgs.