Truth in Lending
TILA Is Not Just a Disclosure Statute Anymore!
The definitive Truth in Lending treatise from the nation’s TILA experts, updated to include all the Dodd-Frank and other recent changes, all of which are now in effect. The treatise cites to both the CFPB and FRB versions of Regulation Z and includes analysis and a redlined version showing all Regulation Z and Official Interpretation changes.
- New Dodd-Frank legislation and Regulation Z changes ban numerous mortgage abuses
- New CFPB rules restrict kickbacks to mortgage originators
- Extensive new rules on mortgage servicing
- Special rules regulating higher cost mortgage loans
- Regulation Z now prohibits mandatory arbitration of mortgage disputes
- The Credit CARD Act and new federal Rules establish new restrictions on credit card abuses
- New teeth to regulation of HOEPA loans
- Statutory damages are now increased to $2000 for car loans, $4000 and up for mortgage loans, and $5000 and up for credit cards
- Liability of servicers and holders
- Extensive new disclosure requirements for credit cards, home equity loans, mortgages and other credit
- The leading discussion of TIL rescission rights that allow homeowners to cancel mortgages.
"There are no other resources that we count on to get us to the right answer as often and as quickly as NCLC's manuals." — Robert S. Green, Green Welling, LLP, San Francisco, CA
Print + Digital Subscription
Your subscription renews annually and your card will be charged on each renewal date. You will be able to stop the next renewal at My Account > Subscription Information or by contacting email@example.com or 617-542-9595. You will be notified both prior to and on each renewal date. For 30 days after a renewal, you can still cancel and receive a full refund by contacting us.
- Continuous updates in Digital Library
- National Consumer Law Center
- Formats Available
- Print; Digital
- Current Print Edition
- 2015 9th ed.
- ISBN Print Version
- Page Count
- 1650 pgs.