$150/yr- Print & Online Access*
$140/yr- Online Access Only
*The Print & Online Access includes a copy of the current print edition and any subsequent revised print editions as long as the subscription is active.
Current print edition is 2016 Ninth Edition, ISBN 978-1-60248-167-1
Online access provides ongoing updates since the print edition.
For more detail on the treatise's content, read the full text of chapter 1 without registration. Click on "Chapters" in the left hand sidebar.Subscribe
The Most Important Consumer Statute in Your State
An unfair and deceptive acts and practices (UDAP) statute usually provides attorney fees and enhanced damages for a wide array of deceptive or abusive practices. NCLC's manual for over 30 years has been the definitive treatise in this area for use in all 50 states:
- Predatory lending, loan brokers, and mortgage abuse
- Credit card abuses
- Application to national banks
- Automobile sales, financing, leasing
- Manufactured homes and parks
- Service contracts and auto repair
- Landlord-tenant, insurance, utilities
- Failure to disclose
- Unfairness standards
- Liability of third parties for UDAP violations
- Scope of each state's UDAP statute
- Preconditions to litigation under each state's UDAP statute
- Detailed analysis of UDAP attorney fees.
"This is the most thoroughgoing treatise on consumer law. If you only buy one manual (and that would be a mistake), buy this one!" — Stephen Gardner, Director of Litigation Center for Science in the Public Interest
"A unique survey of UDAP law with which no other resource can compare." — State Bar of New Mexico News and Views