A leading resource for over 25 years, this fully updated, 2023 edition of Surviving Debt provides precise, practical, and accessible advice from the nation’s consumer law experts on how to deal with crushing debt affecting millions of Americans.
Contains new detailed advice on:
- Medical debt
- Credit card debt
- Student loans and student loan cancellation
- Car repossessions
- Evictions, rental debt & getting out of a lease
- Mortgage modifications & avoiding foreclosure
- Property tax collections
- Utility shut-offs
- Income tax collections
- Stopping debt collection
- Your credit report
- Collection lawsuits
- Reverse mortgages
- Wage garnishment & bank account seizures
- Debts involving an abusive partner
- Reducing expenses & increasing income
- Criminal justice debt
- Whether and when to file bankruptcy
- The bankruptcy process
SAVE: $15 for 10+; $12 for 100+. To place a bulk order, contact us at [email protected] or at (617) 542-9595.
E-books are available from your preferred retailer here.
National Consumer Law Center