Federal Deception Law
Essential Private Remedies for Marketplace Deception
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act challenges to robocalls
- CFPB "UDAAP" Rulemaking
- FTC Holder Rule making creditors liable for seller's misconduct
- The Federal and state RICO statutes
- The Federal False Claims Act
- FTC Telemarketing Rule and other FTC Rules
- Sample pleadings and discovery. See an example here.
Key Federal Standards Regulate Consumer Transactions
- The most detailed and up to date analysis of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)—today's hottest consumer litigation area offering statutory damages for robocalls and texts
- Detailed analysis of the nine most important FTC Trade Regulation Rules affecting everything from credit to cars to door-to-door sales
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau "UDAAP" rulemaking
- The surprising reach of the FTC Telemarketing Sales Rule (not just to telemarketing), with equally surprising tough requirements on a broad array of businesses
- Private remedies for debt settlement and other debt relief scams
- Whistle blower recoveries under the federal False Claims Act
- Requirements concerning plain English and non--English disclosures.
"The manuals combine first-rate scholarship with numerous useful practice tips and aids."
— Richard Gross, former Chairman, Consumer Protection Committee, National Assn. of Attorneys General
$150 per year
Continuous updates in Digital Library
National Consumer Law Center
Digital; Digital + Print
2022 4th ed.