Fair Debt Collection
The Definitive FDCPA Treatise
The leading treatise on the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the statute that dramatically alters how collection agencies, debt buyers and attorneys collect consumer debts. Authored by experts who bring decades of experience on FDCPA litigation, legislation, and interpretations. Now including The FDCPA Case Connector, a searchable database of 14,000 FDCPA case holdings.
For 35 years, the primary reference in the field:
- Preparation of a debt collection harassment case
- Persons and transactions covered and FDCPA requirements and remedies
- The debt collector's defenses and counterclaims
- 700 pages of case summaries, broken down into 200 topics, with further breakdowns by federal circuit and state
- 2017 Supreme Court decision on FDCPA coverage of debt buyers
All Other Sources of Debt Collection Law
- State debt collection statutes
- Infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, and other tort claims, unauthorized practice of law
- Eleven other federal statutes
- Credit counseling, debt settlement, debt elimination.
"The most widely used manual in the field."
— Aslam v. Malen & Assoc., 2009 WL 3853191 (E.D.N.Y. 2009)
"The meticulously organized and well-written chapters are detailed and practical."
— Library Journal
"The NCLC Fair Debt Collection book is utterly indispensable in my practice as a consumer lawyer. I keep the book within arm's reach from my desk."
— Michelle A. Weinberg, Supervisory Attorney, Consumer Practice Group, Chicago, IL
Print + Digital Subscription
Your subscription renews annually and your card will be charged on each renewal date. You will be able to stop the next renewal at My Account > Subscription Information or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-542-9595. You will be notified both prior to and on each renewal date. For 30 days after a renewal, you can still cancel and receive a full refund by contacting us.
- Continuous updates in Digital Library
- National Consumer Law Center
- Formats Available
- Print; Digital
- Current Print Edition
- 2018 9th ed.
- ISBN Print Version
- Page Count
- 2 volumes, 1774 pgs.