$140/yr- Print & Online Access*
$130/yr- Online Access Only
*The Print & Online Access includes a copy of the current print edition and any subsequent revised print editions as long as the subscription is active.
Current print edition is 2014 Eighth Edition, ISBN 978-1-60248-147-3
Online access provides ongoing updates since the print edition.Subscribe
The Definitive FDCPA Treatise
The leading treatise on the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the statute that dramatically alters how collection agencies, debt buyers and attorneys collect consumer debts. Authored by experts who bring decades of experience on FDCPA litigation, legislation, and interpretations.
For 30 years, the primary reference in the field:
- Preparation of a debt collection harassment case
- Persons and transactions covered and FDCPA requirements and remedies
- The debt collector's defenses and counterclaims.
- 700 page of case summaries, broken down into 200 topics, with further breakdowns by federal circuit and state.
All Other Sources of Debt Collection Law
- State debt collection statutes
- Infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, and other tort claims, unauthorized practice of law
- Eleven other federal statutes
- Credit counseling, debt settlement, debt elimination.
Fair Debt Collection Practices Conference
March 27th and 28th, 2017, New Orleans
"The most widely used manual in the field."
— Aslam v. Malen & Assoc.,2009 WL 3853191 (E.D.N.Y. 2009)
"The meticulously organized and well-written chapters are detailed and practical."
— Library Journal
"The NCLC Fair Debt Collection book is utterly indispensable in my practice as a consumer lawyer. I keep the book within arm's reach from my desk."
— Michelle A. Weinberg, Supervisory Attorney, Consumer Practice Group, Chicago, IL