A leading resource for over 25 years, this fully updated, 2021 edition of Surviving Debt provides precise, practical, and hard-hitting advice from the nation’s consumer law experts on how to deal with crushing debt affecting millions of Americans.
Surviving Debt tells you what consumers need to know about:
- Stopping Debt Harassment
- Dealing with Credit Card, Medical, and Student Loan Debts
- Which Debts to Pay First
- Essential Information about Credit Reports
- Vehicle Repossessions and Utility Terminations
- Dealing Effectively with Your Mortgage Servicer, Mortgage Loan Modifications, and Saving Your Home from Foreclosure
- Property Taxes and Tax Sales
- Evictions and Getting Out of a Lease
- Defending Collection Lawsuits & Dealing with Wage Garnishments and Bank Account Seizures
- Tax Debts and Debts Related to Criminal Law
- When and Whether to File for Bankruptcy, and much more.
New to the 2021 edition, Surviving Debt includes consumer rights arising from the COVID-19 pandemic relating to home mortgages, landlord-tenant law, utilities, and student loans.
Plus, revised chapters on reverse mortgages, public benefits, and criminal justice debt, and all-new advice on purchasing a replacement vehicle.
SAVE: $15 for 10+; $12 for 100+. To place a bulk order, contact us at email@example.com or at (617) 542-9595.
E-books are available from your preferred retailer here.
"A wealth of expert legal advice on dealing with an overwhelming debt burden."
— Senator Elizabeth Warren, Founder, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
"Outstanding manual. Seldom is such useful, authoritative information available for so small a price!"
"A gold mine on topics like how to handle collectors, which debts to pay first, and how collection lawsuits work."
— U.S. News and World Report
"Great advice, from the nation’s experts, on how to pull yourself out of debt."
— Jane Bryant Quinn
"The best book available for consumers in financial trouble."
— Stephen Brobeck, Executive Director, Consumer Federation of America
SAVE: $15 for 10+; $12 for 100+.
- National Consumer Law Center
- Formats Available
- Print; Digital
- Current Print Edition
- 2021 Edition
- ISBN Print Version
- Page Count
- 296 pgs.