Fair Credit Reporting
Dodd-Frank Changes, New CFPB Rules, and Dramatic 2017 Developments
The treatise explains the latest changes in credit reporting resulting from CFPB actions and those of the state attorneys general, as well as thousands of new FCRA court decisions. Also covered are the Credit Report Organizations Act, Gramm Leach Bliley, and state credit reporting statutes.
- Identity theft, credit card freezes, thaws, fraud alerts, and credit monitoring
- Dramatic 2017 changes to the reporting of public records data and medical debt
- Implications of the CFPB supervision of the major three credit bureaus for data accuracy and dispute resolution
- New discussion on the reporting of mortgage debt
Guidance from the Experts:
- Who must comply with the FCRA -- you will be surprised!
- Consumers' access to their reporting file
- Identity theft
- Responsibilities of creditors and other furnishers
- Information that cannot be reported
- Accuracy requirements
- Disputing data in a report
- Credit scores
- Investigative reports
- Obligations of consumer report users
- Privacy issues
- Advising clients about their credit record.
"NCLC's Fair Credit Reporting and other manuals are the best and most comprehensive resources in the marketplace for a consumer lawyers and comparatively inexpensive to boot. They are held in such high esteem that opposing counsel show up in court with them!"
— Joanne Faulkner, Attorney at Law, New Haven, CT
"The NCLC treatises are like having an expert by your side." — Scott D. Owens, Esq., Law Offices of Scott D. Owens, Hallandale, FL
Print + Digital Subscription
Your subscription renews annually and your card will be charged on each renewal date. You will be able to stop the next renewal at My Account > Subscription Information or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-542-9595. You will be notified both prior to and on each renewal date. For 30 days after a renewal, you can still cancel and receive a full refund by contacting us.
- Continuous updates in Digital Library
- National Consumer Law Center
- Formats Available
- Print; Digital
- Current Print Edition
- 2018 9th ed.
- ISBN Print Version
- Page Count
- 2 volumes, 1221 pgs.