22.214.171.124 Resources for Lawyers Helping Disaster Victims
The National Disaster Legal Aid Resource Center105 is a collaboration of Pro Bono Net, the American Bar Association, the Legal Services Corporation, and NLADA. This online resource provides readily available legal information about disaster recovery on housing, insurance claims, employment, and other vital issues. The site incorporates lessons learned from past experiences and continually improves on procedures during natural disasters and responses to future emergencies, and it seeks to ensure that the inevitable longer-term needs are met.
The site provides access to FEMA information, explanations of which counties are considered covered counties, online resources for additional assistance, and much more.
There are other important web addresses:
- ● To determine if a home is in a disaster area: https://www.disasterassistance.gov.
- ● FEMA individual disaster aid: https://www.fema.gov.
- ● Freddie Mac: www.freddiemac.com.
- ● Fannie Mae: www.fanniemae.com (hurricane relief) and https://www.fanniemae.com (disaster assistance).
- ● FHA: https://www.hud.gov.
- ● VA: https://www.benefits.va.gov (special relief following Hurricane Harvey) and https://www.benefits.va.gov (VA guidance on natural disasters).
- ● USDA: https://www.rd.usda.gov.