1.3.5 Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, Lemon Laws, and UDAP Statutes
The law of consumer warranties has been changed considerably by the passage of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, state lemon laws, and state UDAP statutes. Resources on these laws include:
- ● Trade Regulation Reporter (CCH). This service includes the text of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act with case annotations.
- ● Barkley Clark & Christopher Smith, The Law of Product Warranties (2002) (looseleaf with supplements). This book includes a long section on requirements under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act with footnotes citing to cases. The supplement includes a short section on state lemon laws.
- ● Patricia C. Kussman, Annotation, Validity, Construction, and Effect of State Motor Vehicle Warranty Legislation (Lemon Laws), 88 A.L.R.5th 301 (2001 and Supp.). This article collects and analyzes state and federal cases discussing the validity, construction, and effect of state lemon laws.
- ● Richard M. Goodman, Automobile Design Liability, 3d (3d ed. 1991) (looseleaf with updates).
- ● National Consumer Law Center, Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (9th ed. 2016), updated at www.nclc.org/library. This treatise analyzes unfair and deceptive acts and practices statutes and decisions for all fifty states.